Zion Lutheran Church’s commitment to quality education began as a one-room school in 1909 with only 18 students and became a full-time operational elementary school in 1939 offering programs for Kindergarten through eighth grade. In 1972, Zion Lutheran School complemented its education ministry by establishing an Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC). This facility was constructed on the eight and a half-acre property to serve the needs of young children age two and one-half to five. In 1979, the construction of new elementary facilities was completed and the school moved to its existing school site on the church campus. In 2002, the construction of eight new classrooms and a facility for school-age care, maintenance, and new restrooms were completed to accommodate the growing school. Zion Lutheran Church and Schools now include a fellowship hall with gymnasium, locker rooms with shower facilities, a computer lab, playground facilities, and a spacious field for physical education activities and recess.
From small beginnings over ninety years ago, the education ministries have grown significantly and continues to provide a quality Christ-centered environment where students can learn and grow in their relationship to Jesus Christ and to the people in their lives. Zion’s board of education (Zion’s Schools Board) and faculty have embraced the self-evaluation and accreditation process to help Zion Lutheran School provide an even richer spiritual and academic environment. Zion’s first accreditation was the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) in 1986 then continued to expand its accreditation efforts in 1994 working towards and receiving both the NLSA and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Accreditation.